Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Week 8 Reflection

We had quite a discussion on Thursday. I wanted to write down like everything that man said about everthing. He really said a lot in just a few words. I loved hearing about his experience and perspective of the cemetery. I was thinking about the comment I made a few weeks ago about the cemetery being diversity at its finest because after death prejudice has really no place in a cemetery...but there seems to be a level of arrogance at Spring Gorve. I mean some of these people put so much effort and money into these huge monuments and mausoleums just so they can portray that they had money..or were a big deal or whaterver..maybe to honor the family but still there is a part of me that has to thnk about the small gravestones in the back. I mean there is an entire class built around the beauty of the huge monuments in spring Grove and how interesting they are. It makes me think that even after death there has to at least be a monument that represents prejudice even if it is just for the lower class people. So diversity at its finest..not really I guess...maybe diversity at its deadest...
Also, I was thinking about nature by design, is it real? fake? Well the beauty and livelihood of the plants makes it real enough for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment